Forgive me if this is a stupid question but in my quest to learn as much as possible on the subject of credit repair I spent a good bit of time viewing several You Tube videos. Some are better than others, but since I am hoping to get my score up kind of quickly to finance a commercial property, my desire is to get through the process as efficiently as possible. One guru in particular seems to have things dialed in more than the others I have viewed and am considering paying the fee to get training and assistance. The one I am considering promises guidance and referrals to vendors offering discounted tradelines as well as access to another associated company offering digital deletions for late payments and hard inquiries. Is paying for guidance worth paying for?
Digital Deletions

1 of 9
3 years ago
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:50 pm
A default user avatar.
huffboy
Authorized Rebel
huffboy has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level35 Last INQFriday, October 1, 2021 Gardening For2 years, 11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in23 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onSaturday, October 1, 2022 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSunday, October 1, 2023 INQ 2yr reached11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but in my quest to learn as much as possible on the subject of credit repair I spent a good bit of time viewing several You Tube videos. Some are better than others, but since I am hoping to get my score up kind of quickly to finance a commercial property, my desire is to get through the process as efficiently as possible. One guru in particular seems to have things dialed in more than the others I have viewed and am considering paying the fee to get training and assistance. The one I am considering promises guidance and referrals to vendors offering discounted tradelines as well as access to another associated company offering digital deletions for late payments and hard inquiries. Is paying for guidance worth paying for?
huffboy
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ 639/TU 618/EXP 632
Re: Digital Deletions

2 of 9
3 years ago
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:04 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
I guess it depends on what you're looking for exactly and what cost you're looking at for what you get. Only the individual can define what something is "worth" to them. What is important to understand though is that an individual can accomplish essentially anything and everything that a credit repair service can. Instead of the expense being money, it becomes time. The old expression "time is money" comes to mind... so it really depends how you value those two things relative to one another.

It would also be helpful if you're willing to share what you've got going on with your reports, as members could provide you with suggestions based on what they look like.

Also BTW, welcome to Credit Rebels!
BrutalBodyShots

3 of 9
3 years ago
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:35 pm
A default user avatar.
huffboy
Authorized Rebel
Level35 Last INQFriday, October 1, 2021 Gardening For2 years, 11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in23 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onSaturday, October 1, 2022 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSunday, October 1, 2023 INQ 2yr reached11 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Thanks- I posted my scores from myfico.com which I believe are based on FICO 8 or 9 and are around 630. My recent failure to obtain bank financing for the commercial property I use for my business rudely awakened me to the fact that mortgages are based on FICO 5 and that score was 555. It has currently rebounded to 583 but I have a few delinquencies on one consumer loan. From what I can tell, removing the most recent late payment(5 months ago) and knocking down my credit card balances by a few thousand dollars gets me back at the bottom of the range this bank will work with.

It appears some minor fixes and maybe adding a decent AU account should fix my problem but it seems like getting the most recent late payment deleted is key to everything working out. I think I know what to do as far as a letter writing campaign to get deletion but digital deletion seems interesting if that really is something that works.

The company I am considering has a $2000 program that includes guidance on everything I need and leads me to believe I could be out of this mess in less than a month.
huffboy
A default user avatar.

4 of 9
3 years ago
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:21 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Recent HP or new account.
Level0 Last INQFriday, August 23, 2024 Gardening For15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, August 23, 2025 INQ 1yr in11 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, August 23, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 11 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, February 23, 2025 Goal In5 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes
Welcome, @huffboy! Most of those companies are just trying to scam you. There is no legitimate way to delete accurate reporting. What they will normally do is dispute it off of there but the creditor can just put it right back on. Goodwill adjustment letters have been shown to be effective if you do them right (and BrutalBodyShots is the one to talk to here seeing how he pretty much wrote the book on the subject) but aren't guaranteed either. I know that it sucks to hear but the only guaranteed way to recovery is time and being responsible in the future. Also, one late won't necessarily be your saving grace either. Derogs don't have a specific listed point gain when removed, in fact normally there is not much of a gain, and while they can be cumulative up to a certain point, it is hard to say what the point gain would actually be from just one late being removed unless the older ones are years older.
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023

5 of 9
3 years ago
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in15 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
huffboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:35 pm The company I am considering has a $2000 program that includes guidance on everything I need and leads me to believe I could be out of this mess in less than a month.
Unfortunately, I don't know that the time frame you're looking at above is all too realistic. The work required to clean up your reports (depending on the severity of the dirt) can often take many months and even a year isn't unreasonable. Also, as @Saeren mentioned nothing is a definite nor is there a guarantee that any positive results will stick for the long term, though often they will. I would dig deep for reviews on whatever product/service you're looking toward. $2000 is a ton of coin to drop for a "chance" at success. I'd first suggest trying it yourself for the cost of maybe 50-100 stamps for starters before considering such a large monetary investment with someone else. As suggested in the previous post, there are a lot of scams out there.
BrutalBodyShots

6 of 9
3 years ago
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:00 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in24 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on October 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
@huffboy I must strongly warn you in the strongest terms against using these people. 99% of the people on YouTube are full of crap, with the exception of the one who studied and learned under me probably! Seriously most of them are nothing but scams. And as for this digital deletions crap, and and the first one for that matter, let me tell you a little secret. The credit repair organization act in no uncertain terms prohibits credit repair organizations from being paid before they totally complete their work remediating your credit file. So the fact they want you to pay upfront is a big red flag. it cannot be done in that timeframe. I have helped thousands of people for years, as have many of the Rebels here. All the knowledge you need is here. All the help and guidance you need is here. You just have to dedicate the time and effort to doing it yourself. another obscure fact, debt collectors can disregard disputes received when they believe they were composed or originated from a credit repair organization. No, it is not worth paying for when you can get it all for free right here from us. We have the most comprehensive and accurate knowledge on fico scoring and existence right now and most of the people deep in the hobby have adopted the nomenclature from my Credit Scoring Primer. You have all the training and assistance you could hope to be blessed with right here. You really have no clue how lucky you are stumbling upon us, we’re not even open to the public yet, we’re still in beta testing and randomly selecting a few users to add. Please go to the introduction forum and introduce yourself! And please, read the Credit Scoring Primer, but take your time and read it section by section, it is huge, very complex, and will take multiple readings to understand, but it will give you the knowledge to optimize and remediate your credit file better than any company can, I promise you. And we are here to fill in the blanks and guide, train, and assist you as necessary. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. And that program you’re talking about is too good to be true. Nothing happens like that in 30 days, but you can read a recent post from a guy that got 200 points in, how many months was it? 9 months, I think, by following my advice and writings. And welcome!!
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814

7 of 9
3 years ago
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:04 am
A default user avatar.
huffboy
Authorized Rebel
Thanks- I thought as much but the one particular company seemed to be light years ahead of the others as far as knowledge. I'll utilize the resources here and get it done with assistance of these forums
huffboy
A default user avatar.

8 of 9
3 years ago
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:17 am
BrutalBodyShots
huffboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:04 am Thanks- I thought as much but the one particular company seemed to be light years ahead of the others as far as knowledge. I'll utilize the resources here and get it done with assistance of these forums
Great attitude and you'll feel a phenomenal sense of accomplishment when you achieve positive results from your work.
BrutalBodyShots

9 of 9
3 years ago
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 pm
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in24 days, 1 hour, and 56 minutes on October 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 5 days, 22 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Believe me, we are at the cutting edge of the knowledge on fico. Those companies don’t have knowledge we do. They are there to take your money. Believe me your time invested here learning will pay off! And we are more than willing to help you!
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814
Processing