Credit based insurance scores (CBIS) Credit-based insurance scores were introduced by the FICO in the early 1990s. ‘FICO estimates approximately 95% of auto insurers and 85% of homeowners' insurers use credit-based insurance scores in states where it is a legally allowed underwriting or risk classification factor.’ [NAIC](https://content.naic.org/cipr_topics/topic_creditbased_insurance_scores.htm) Five states limit the use of CBIS: : [Experian article](https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/which-states-prohibit-or-restrict-the-use-of-credit-based-insurance-scores/) One company that provides the service is LEXIS-NEXIS, another is Verisk. If I recall correctly, Lexus uses Equifax and Verisk uses TransUnion. If your rates have been high and you have improved your credit, you can have your insurer pull a new score and maybe get a lower premium at renewal time. The algorithms that are used are totally different from credit algorithms. For instance at Lexis, store cards penalize you, especially if they are your oldest card and even more so if it is your oldest card by far. Gas cards hurt you, all retail cards. Credit union accounts improve your score up to 33% of accounts. You would not believe all the different factors they use. Insurance companies can make exceptions based on life events; however there’s no standards I am aware of to explain that. But it’s worth asking, if you’re being highly penalized. Missing information can harm you, as can inaccurate information. Hope this is helpful. u/IrritatedAvians [Lexis](https://risk.lexisnexis.com/insurance/datause) [Commercial Attract reason codes](https://risk.lexisnexis.com/-/media/files/insurance/commercial-attract-reason-codes%20pdf.pdf) [correlation between credit history and accident claim](https://risk.lexisnexis.com/-/media/files/insurance/brochure/national_credit_file%20pdf.pdf) [FAQs](https://vermontmutual.com/images/pdf/insurance_score_FAQ.pdf) © 2022, MFBirdman7. All rights reserved by Birdman CreditRebels.
Re: Credit Based Insurance Scores (CBIS)

17 of 20
2 years ago
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Have1
Seasoned Rebel
Have1 has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 12, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 47 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 12, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 12, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Cassie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Have1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:10 pm @Birdman , I have made the thing. It is more a research tool than an explanation of what it means. It's rather massive. I'm afraid that if I just post it in one huge post it will be a wall of words which kind of defeats the purpose. I could post each section as a post in a thread which would enable me to put an index to the sections in the first post, but how do I avoid someone jumping in with replies before I get it all posted? And, do you want to see it before I unleash it upon the world? Edit for clarification.
Did you make a specific HTML version that you're satisfied with? I can work with you to make anything happen here.
I wrote it using bbcode, but it will do me good to knock the rust off my circa 2007 HTML skills. The tedious work is done already, after all. Now it's just reformatting and making it prettier and more accessible to the reader. My hope is that people will be more easily able to pick apart what they are using and figure out what it means. There are some real contradictions in there.
Have1
  • Score data Recent Scores (Oct '23):
    EX8: 758 EX9: 814
    EQ8: 760 EQ9: 820
    TU8: 765 TU9: 823

18 of 20
2 years ago
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in6 days, 3 hours, and 47 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Have1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:53 pm I wrote it using bbcode, but it will do me good to knock the rust off my circa 2007 HTML skills. The tedious work is done already, after all. Now it's just reformatting and making it prettier and more accessible to the reader.
If you have it in BBCode already, we can use that! I can always take your BBCode version and parse it to HTML anyway. I just want you to work in whatever format you're most comfortable with. :)
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795

19 of 20
2 years ago
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm
Have1
Seasoned Rebel
Have1 has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 12, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 47 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 12, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 12, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Cassie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm
Have1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:53 pm I wrote it using bbcode, but it will do me good to knock the rust off my circa 2007 HTML skills. The tedious work is done already, after all. Now it's just reformatting and making it prettier and more accessible to the reader.
If you have it in BBCode already, we can use that! I can always take your BBCode version and parse it to HTML anyway. I just want you to work in whatever format you're most comfortable with. :)
Considering what you already have on your plate, let me make sure it is at a point where you won't have to do much to make it work. And, HTML is now calling to me... (I'm probably going to regret this, lol.)
Have1
  • Score data Recent Scores (Oct '23):
    EX8: 758 EX9: 814
    EQ8: 760 EQ9: 820
    TU8: 765 TU9: 823

20 of 20
2 years ago
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:16 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in24 days, 3 hours, and 47 minutes on October 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 13 minutes ago
@Have1 yes I think the idea of separate posts in a thread to differentiate the sections is ideal with the table of contents/index. Yes I’d love to take a look at it can’t wait to see it, but we can always do anything with it that we need to. You’ll always be able to update it, that will be your thread. Don’t worry about anybody replying we can delete them if they do. Like Cassie said, she can do anything here, and she’s not playing, she means it! If you only knew 10% of what I’ve seen her accomplish, I don’t doubt her at all! just let us know what you need!
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814
Processing