Here is your anomalous CMS output for the day: Background: I have one account on my credit report that remains from my BK7 in May 2016. It had no lates when it was closed after I filed. When AMEX closed it my payment history (the grid) changed from all good months to no report going back two years prior to closing. The date for removal listed on my Experian ACR is May 2023. This morning I looked at my new EX9 score from Wells Fargo. I started poking around and saw this: WF EX9 Payment Hist.png 8 years since my last late payment? Hmm. That's not right. It should be May '16 when the account was IIB. (The 30 day and 60 day lates noted here are the assumed lates built into how IIB accounts are reported. They didn't actually occur.) Let's look at what WF is showing for the account. WF EX9 Payment Hist2-3.png As you can see, the grid shows no payment history after May '14 until May '16: 8 years ago. So that's where they pulled it from? Lets look at what Experian shows. I happen to have an Experian report from the same day as the date of the pull by WF. WF EX9 Payment Hist4.png The grids match. But: My understanding of how the data is used is that the grid is a representation of other data and any other representation of the data would not be derived from the grid. So where is the WF CMS pulling the May '14 date from? No data is not "late". And May '16 is much more recent than May '14. Very odd. Here is the account as it appears on my Experian ACR: WF EX9 Payment Hist5.png The obvious moral is don't take CMS output (beyond actual FICO scores) too seriously. Thoughts?
Wells Fargo CMS Oddity: Last late payment 8 years ago

1 of 4
2 years ago
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:43 am
Have1
Seasoned Rebel
Have1 has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQSaturday, March 12, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in25 days, 10 hours, and 33 minutes on October 12th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 12, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 12, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago
Here is your anomalous CMS output for the day: Background: I have one account on my credit report that remains from my BK7 in May 2016. It had no lates when it was closed after I filed. When AMEX closed it my payment history (the grid) changed from all good months to no report going back two years prior to closing. The date for removal listed on my Experian ACR is May 2023. This morning I looked at my new EX9 score from Wells Fargo. I started poking around and saw this:
WF EX9 Payment Hist.png 69.17 KiB Viewed 36 times
8 years since my last late payment? Hmm. That's not right. It should be May '16 when the account was IIB. (The 30 day and 60 day lates noted here are the assumed lates built into how IIB accounts are reported. They didn't actually occur.) Let's look at what WF is showing for the account.
WF EX9 Payment Hist2-3.png 71.51 KiB Viewed 36 times
As you can see, the grid shows no payment history after May '14 until May '16: 8 years ago. So that's where they pulled it from? Lets look at what Experian shows. I happen to have an Experian report from the same day as the date of the pull by WF.
WF EX9 Payment Hist4.png 109.39 KiB Viewed 36 times
The grids match. But: My understanding of how the data is used is that the grid is a representation of other data and any other representation of the data would not be derived from the grid. So where is the WF CMS pulling the May '14 date from? No data is not "late". And May '16 is much more recent than May '14. Very odd. Here is the account as it appears on my Experian ACR:
WF EX9 Payment Hist5.png 94.77 KiB Viewed 36 times
The obvious moral is don't take CMS output (beyond actual FICO scores) too seriously. Thoughts?
Have1
  • Score data Recent Scores (Oct '23):
    EX8: 758 EX9: 814
    EQ8: 760 EQ9: 820
    TU8: 765 TU9: 823
Re: Wells Fargo CMS Oddity: Last late payment 8 years ago

2 of 4
2 years ago
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:24 am
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in6 days, 10 hours, and 33 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago
That's definitely a head scratcher. I too agree with the overall thesis being not to pay attention to CMS outputs much. That front end fluff regardless of the source can be misleading and clearly inaccurate.

Although your level of knowledge likely exceeds whoever you may speak to, I'd probably reach out to the WF credit bureau division (or someone that may have a better shot of knowing something above regular CSR) and inquire about that 8 year thing. Maybe they can pass your inquiry on to someone that knows something about their CMS fluff that may have an answer. Obviously it doesn't really matter, but if there's a chance of figuring out why I'd take it.
BrutalBodyShots

3 of 4
2 years ago
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:20 am
Have1
Seasoned Rebel
Have1 has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQSaturday, March 12, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in25 days, 10 hours, and 33 minutes on October 12th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 12, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 12, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 4 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago
BrutalBodyShots wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:24 am That's definitely a head scratcher. I too agree with the overall thesis being not to pay attention to CMS outputs much. That front end fluff regardless of the source can be misleading and clearly inaccurate. Although your level of knowledge likely exceeds whoever you may speak to, I'd probably reach out to the WF credit bureau division (or someone that may have a better shot of knowing something above regular CSR) and inquire about that 8 year thing. Maybe they can pass your inquiry on to someone that knows something about their CMS fluff that may have an answer. Obviously it doesn't really matter, but if there's a chance of figuring out why I'd take it.
There doesn't appear to be any contact method for questions about the CMS feature. So I would have to call a random number. I really hate playing the "Press 1 to this, Press 2 to do that.... Press 79 to hear a thing" game. To then sit on ignore, after you figure out the key to get added to a CSR queue. Then, if you are lucky, you'll get someone who has the ability to understand your issue. If not, then you HUCA and endure the whole thing again. I'm tired just thinking about it. LoL
Have1
  • Score data Recent Scores (Oct '23):
    EX8: 758 EX9: 814
    EQ8: 760 EQ9: 820
    TU8: 765 TU9: 823

4 of 4
2 years ago
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:04 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in6 days, 10 hours, and 33 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 24 days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes ago
I can't say I blame you on that. I get it completely.
BrutalBodyShots
Processing