I reached AAoA 3 years 6 months today, September 1st, and there was no change on any of the 7 Experian FICO scores provided through Experian's CreditWorks monitoring service. There may have been changes on the EX9's, EQ, and TU scores, but I haven't renewed my myFICO subscription in quite some time. (Waiting until AAoA 4y0m for that.) My credit file is now 4 years 9 months old, so it's entirely possible that others with longer history may see something different at this threshold. experian-aaoa-3y6m-no_change.png
AAoA - 3y 6m threshold - No Change on any EX score

1 of 4
2 years ago
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:29 pm
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes Next Level in6 days, 2 hours, and 7 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago
I reached AAoA 3 years 6 months today, September 1st, and there was no change on any of the 7 Experian FICO scores provided through Experian's CreditWorks monitoring service. There may have been changes on the EX9's, EQ, and TU scores, but I haven't renewed my myFICO subscription in quite some time. (Waiting until AAoA 4y0m for that.) My credit file is now 4 years 9 months old, so it's entirely possible that others with longer history may see something different at this threshold.
experian-aaoa-3y6m-no_change.png 57.31 KiB Viewed 103 times
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Re: AAoA - 3y 6m threshold - No Change on any EX score

2 of 4
2 years ago
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:43 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes Next Level in15 days, 2 hours, and 7 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago
Isn't "aged" in terms of scorecard assignment achieved at 36 months? If so and you're already past that threshold point (and you're already clean/thick) I would think you'd be grabbing points at those 6 month thresholds like many others have reported over the years. Something seems odd to me or there must be another factor impacting signal strength perhaps?
BrutalBodyShots

3 of 4
2 years ago
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:04 pm
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes Next Level in6 days, 2 hours, and 7 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago
BrutalBodyShots wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:43 pm Isn't "aged" in terms of scorecard assignment achieved at 36 months? If so and you're already past that threshold point (and you're already clean/thick) I would think you'd be grabbing points at those 6 month thresholds like many others have reported over the years. Something seems odd to me or there must be another factor impacting signal strength perhaps?
I think the Young/Mature line at 36 months doesn't explain everything. The FICO slides show that they use it for scorecard segmentation, but I don't think that's the last time that characteristic is being looked at. 3 years still seems pretty 'new to credit' to me. I mean, I can't see how FICO's aggregate profile data collected over a few years wouldn't show some major differences between 3 and 7 years of credit history. I think there's more to the story with 'Length of Credit History' on the various models.
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795

4 of 4
2 years ago
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:28 pm
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 5 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes Next Level in24 days, 2 hours, and 7 minutes on October 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 5 days, 21 hours, and 53 minutes ago
@Cassie I have to disagree respectfully. Age of oldest account is only used for segmentation. Anyone in your scorecard would see the same change/lack of change, imho. But that’s definitely not the end of the story with length of history. You know how many metrics there are for length of history, we listed them. I know you’re thinking maybe there’s a sub scorecard or something because how can you put three years history together with 20 years history, right? Well the most risky is the first three years thus the segment. Doyou still have the other things to keep score in check like AAoA, AoORA, & AAoRA. I think a lot of what you’re looking for comes from the last two. Thats the big difference on your file is AoORA, that you’re limiting factor, that’s what’s holding you back compared to other people with the same oldest and average ages. Your collection of data is the best we have on a young file. I wish we also had one that was started with a card to compare to. I’m telling you, the age of oldest revolving account makes a difference and I would love to know where those thresholds are and magnitude those points are. By the way can we add your reason code thread to the hamburger stack? That’s too important of a thread, that is one of the top threads or should be! It is a awesome reference, and I believe we have a member working on mapping metro2, as well. Once we get access to all the version 10 codes we can start evaluating that more closely as well.
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814
Processing