I only pay for quarterly updates from myFICO I like to read the reports but I don’t really need them so wondering what those of you getting monthly updates are seeing but from my last 9 months of observation… It still doesn’t matter if you let heavy usage report, as long as that usage is consistent. In 2021 I never let balances report… my “trend” was 0-2% This year I started letting about 1k report on my AppleCard based on what the CSR told me about reported balances and CLI… my usage was still about 1% because my limits had risen substantially, this still triggered the negative reason code high balance/usage in relation to historical usage now… if your 18 month historical usage is to report let’s say 10% and every month you let that 10% report your reported balance is no longer high in relation to historical usage your data is now trending as stable “no point loss” on my 9/2022 3b report I had gotten sloppy and had like 4 cards report a balance although this was much less than the 1k I was letting apple report I now had the reason code high number of accounts reporting a balance vs historical data. My 12/2022 only had a single 98 dollar balance report neither the high number of accounts or high usage in relation to historical limits reason codes are on my report meaning going back to AZEO 1-3 months before a major credit decision will yield the same behavior as it does in fico 8 and 9. Are you seeing the same behavior? Or am I simply not seeing enough data points to draw a proper conclusion?
Thoughts on 10T trended data does carrying balances really matter?

1 of 1
2 years ago
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:31 pm
A default user avatar.
Beefy
Seasoned Rebel
Level3 Last INQTuesday, May 28, 2024 Gardening For3 months, 19 days, 13 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in11 days, 10 hours, and 31 minutes on September 28th INQ 1yr onWednesday, May 28, 2025 INQ 1yr in8 months, 11 days, 10 hours, and 31 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, May 28, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 8 months, 11 days, 10 hours, and 31 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateWednesday, May 28, 2025 Goal In8 months, 11 days, 10 hours, and 31 minutes
I only pay for quarterly updates from myFICO I like to read the reports but I don’t really need them so wondering what those of you getting monthly updates are seeing but from my last 9 months of observation…

It still doesn’t matter if you let heavy usage report, as long as that usage is consistent.

In 2021 I never let balances report… my “trend” was 0-2%
This year I started letting about 1k report on my AppleCard based on what the CSR told me about reported balances and CLI… my usage was still about 1% because my limits had risen substantially, this still triggered the negative reason code high balance/usage in relation to historical usage now… if your 18 month historical usage is to report let’s say 10% and every month you let that 10% report your reported balance is no longer high in relation to historical usage your data is now trending as stable “no point loss” on my 9/2022 3b report I had gotten sloppy and had like 4 cards report a balance although this was much less than the 1k I was letting apple report I now had the reason code high number of accounts reporting a balance vs historical data. My 12/2022 only had a single 98 dollar balance report neither the high number of accounts or high usage in relation to historical limits reason codes are on my report meaning going back to AZEO 1-3 months before a major credit decision will yield the same behavior as it does in fico 8 and 9.

Are you seeing the same behavior? Or am I simply not seeing enough data points to draw a proper conclusion?
Beefy
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8-791; TU8-780 EX8-766
    EQ9-816; TU9-776; EX9-776
    EQ5-729; TI4- 740; EX2-723
Processing