I was hoping someone would be willing to make a post over at MF on my behalf since I of course can't. I'm trying to find the graphic that came directly from the VS web site back in 2016-2017 or so (could have been earlier, but it was still there at this time) where it clearly states that VS uses closed accounts in their AAoA metric, the same way Fico does. There was someone over at MF that had this graphic screenshot/saved; I originally thought it was K-In-Boston but in thinking about it more it wasn't him. TT has tons of graphics and screenshots saved, so he may have it although he wasn't the person I'm thinking of either. It escapes me at this time. I was thinking if someone posted over there asking for it whoever has it would reply. Long story short, I'm trying to put this AAoA debate to rest regarding VS. Everyone believes that AAoA only includes open accounts because of Credit Karma and similar sites only including open accounts. The graphic I'm looking for from back in the day clearly states that all accounts (closed included) are used for AAoA being calculated. Once VS revamped their site with the addition of VS4 everywhere, I was unable to find the graphic I'm looking for. I first noticed it was gone in probably 2019. If anyone is able/willing to help out with this that would be great, as I know this info is buried over at MF somewhere / someone over there has it.
MF post regarding VS AAoA

1 of 3
2 years ago
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:52 am
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago
I was hoping someone would be willing to make a post over at MF on my behalf since I of course can't. I'm trying to find the graphic that came directly from the VS web site back in 2016-2017 or so (could have been earlier, but it was still there at this time) where it clearly states that VS uses closed accounts in their AAoA metric, the same way Fico does. There was someone over at MF that had this graphic screenshot/saved; I originally thought it was K-In-Boston but in thinking about it more it wasn't him. TT has tons of graphics and screenshots saved, so he may have it although he wasn't the person I'm thinking of either. It escapes me at this time. I was thinking if someone posted over there asking for it whoever has it would reply.

Long story short, I'm trying to put this AAoA debate to rest regarding VS. Everyone believes that AAoA only includes open accounts because of Credit Karma and similar sites only including open accounts. The graphic I'm looking for from back in the day clearly states that all accounts (closed included) are used for AAoA being calculated. Once VS revamped their site with the addition of VS4 everywhere, I was unable to find the graphic I'm looking for. I first noticed it was gone in probably 2019. If anyone is able/willing to help out with this that would be great, as I know this info is buried over at MF somewhere / someone over there has it.
BrutalBodyShots
Re: MF post regarding VS AAoA

2 of 3
2 years ago
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Recent HP or new account.
Level0 Last INQFriday, August 23, 2024 Gardening For15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, August 23, 2025 INQ 1yr in11 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, August 23, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 11 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, February 23, 2025 Goal In5 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes
Unfortunately most of TTs images are gone. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Unders ... -p/4534746 I found that thread but the links are dead. Fortunately, I did dig this up on Archive.org. https://web.archive.org/web/20190618161 ... esource/46
MYTH: CLOSING YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS CAN IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORES. Fact: Closing credit cards does nothing to improve your credit scores and, in fact, can backfire and leave you with lower scores. When you close a credit card account, you lose the value of that card’s credit limit in the credit score calculation. The credit limit is an important component when determining a consumer’s “balance to limit” ratio. The balance to limit ratio measurement rewards consumers who have low credit card balances relative to their credit limits. If you close credit cards, especially those with large credit limits, you will likely cause your balance to limit ratio to go up. This can cause your score to go down, and down considerably in some extreme instances. Additionally, if you close credit card accounts the credit bureaus will eventually remove them from your credit reports. Even though it can take years for an account to be removed from your credit reports, once it is gone you will get no benefit from your responsible management of that account.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200921042 ... esource/81
Myth: When you close a credit card or pay off a loan, you lose the value of the account’s age in your credit scores. Fact: As long as an account is on your credit reports it is considered by credit scoring systems, open or closed and with or without a balance. As such, if you were to close a credit card that was opened 10 years ago it would still be seen and measured as a 10 year old account. And, closed accounts continue to age so an account that was closed 3 years ago is 3 years older today. As such, closing accounts will not result in a reduction in your credit scores as a result of the loss of the value of the account’s age.
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023
Re: MF post regarding VS AAoA

3 of 3
2 years ago
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:42 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 57 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 3 minutes ago
Yeah, the broken links in that thread are unfortunate.

Good info though that you found with the Myth/Fact page! I'd say that's pretty conclusive evidence coming from the horses mouth.
BrutalBodyShots
Processing