Your thoughts? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-moves-to-limit-credit-fees-to-8-for-missed-payments-in-latest-junk-fee-crack-down/ar-AA16YRHO Personally I don't see this accomplishing anything. For those that pay late fees maybe it helps, but banks are just going to recoop that lost revenue elsewhere. It could mean lesser SUBs, fewer perks, less rewards, whatever. They're not just going to take the loss. I doubt any of us on this forum pay late fees, so I could see the impact on us being adverse if benefits get trimmed to compensate. I also think this move could have a reverse effect for some, where people are actually willing to pay a $8 late fee as opposed to $25-$35 or whatever and see less of an issue actually paying late.
CC late fees to move to $8 max?

1 of 3
2 years ago
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 30 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes ago
Your thoughts? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden ... r-AA16YRHO Personally I don't see this accomplishing anything. For those that pay late fees maybe it helps, but banks are just going to recoop that lost revenue elsewhere. It could mean lesser SUBs, fewer perks, less rewards, whatever. They're not just going to take the loss. I doubt any of us on this forum pay late fees, so I could see the impact on us being adverse if benefits get trimmed to compensate. I also think this move could have a reverse effect for some, where people are actually willing to pay a $8 late fee as opposed to $25-$35 or whatever and see less of an issue actually paying late.
BrutalBodyShots
Re: CC late fees to move to $8 max?

2 of 3
2 years ago
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:52 pm
ptatohed
Seasoned Rebel
BrutalBodyShots wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 pm Your thoughts? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden ... r-AA16YRHO Personally I don't see this accomplishing anything. For those that pay late fees maybe it helps, but banks are just going to recoop that lost revenue elsewhere. It could mean lesser SUBs, fewer perks, less rewards, whatever. They're not just going to take the loss. I doubt any of us on this forum pay late fees, so I could see the impact on us being adverse if benefits get trimmed to compensate. I also think this move could have a reverse effect for some, where people are actually willing to pay a $8 late fee as opposed to $25-$35 or whatever and see less of an issue actually paying late.
I have to agree with what you said. I have always believed that those who pay CC fees and interest subsidize the perks for the rest of us. To me, as long as a fee is avoidable, charge me what you wish. I'll just avoid it. :) With that said, I'm actually very onboard with eliminating many of those other junk fees listed in the article. I hate unavoidable fees such as resort fees, picture sitting fees, 'convenience' fees, etc. If I have to pay it, put the darn fee in the total price upfront!
ptatohed
Re: CC late fees to move to $8 max?

3 of 3
2 years ago
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:07 am
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes Next Level in6 days, 3 hours, and 30 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 30 minutes ago
BrutalBodyShots wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 pm I also think this move could have a reverse effect for some, where people are actually willing to pay a $8 late fee as opposed to $25-$35 or whatever and see less of an issue actually paying late.
How long does it generally take for lenders to max out the interest rate after someone is late? Do they usually wait to see if there is payment before the next statement closing?
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Processing