In the last 90 days the main Minneapolis/St Paul Newspaper has been noticing the readers about what appears to be several companies shedding assets and withering their employee numbers. Elsewhere I keep seeing the need for workers. Also, I just love the Feds monthly employment updates. Do any of you ever see what the composition is for the types of jobs (SIC Codes) that are included in the job increases reports? Always wondered if they were janitors, hotel workers, IT coders and so on. Never have once seen what really makes up the reported numbers. :angelic-little: Oh yeah, forgot? Trust our government. Boy am I ornery today! :(
Employment

1 of 2
A year ago
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 pm
Dinosaur
Seasoned RebelDinosaur
Level4 Last INQMonday, April 8, 2024 Gardening For4 months, 30 days, 20 hours, and 20 minutes Next Level in3 hours and 40 minutes on September 8th INQ 1yr onTuesday, April 8, 2025 INQ 1yr in7 months, 3 hours, and 40 minutes INQ 2yr onWednesday, April 8, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 7 months, 3 hours, and 40 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateWednesday, April 8, 2026 Goal In1 year, 7 months, 3 hours, and 40 minutes
In the last 90 days the main Minneapolis/St Paul Newspaper has been noticing the readers about what appears to be several companies shedding assets and withering their employee numbers. Elsewhere I keep seeing the need for workers. Also, I just love the Feds monthly employment updates. Do any of you ever see what the composition is for the types of jobs (SIC Codes) that are included in the job increases reports? Always wondered if they were janitors, hotel workers, IT coders and so on. Never have once seen what really makes up the reported numbers. :angelic-little: Oh yeah, forgot? Trust our government. Boy am I ornery today! :(
Dinosaur
  • Score data EQ8:808 TU8:803 EX8:799
Re: Employment

2 of 2
A year ago
Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:16 am
A default user avatar.
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing
Seasoned Rebel
Level4 Last INQFriday, April 12, 2024 Gardening For4 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 20 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSaturday, April 12, 2025 INQ 1yr in7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, April 12, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateSaturday, April 12, 2025 Goal In7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes
Dinosaur wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 pm In the last 90 days the main Minneapolis/St Paul Newspaper has been noticing the readers about what appears to be several companies shedding assets and withering their employee numbers. Elsewhere I keep seeing the need for workers. Also, I just love the Feds monthly employment updates. Do any of you ever see what the composition is for the types of jobs (SIC Codes) that are included in the job increases reports? Always wondered if they were janitors, hotel workers, IT coders and so on. Never have once seen what really makes up the reported numbers. :angelic-little: Oh yeah, forgot? Trust our government. Boy am I ornery today! :(
I can't speak for the composition but would be interested to see what the breakdown is. In regard to the need for workers, I work for a large global company and we're still growing (including locally). In my locale we still have very low unemployment and fewer workers available than jobs and it's a multifacted problem. We have a shortage of skilled workers (problematic when you've really pushed to attract higher paying industries that need skilled workers) and what's left of those still job searching is often scraping the bottom of the barrel. Most people in my area who truly want to work full time are already employed and what's left are those who really don't care.
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8 688 TU8 698 EX8 692
    EQ9 711 TU9 707 EX9 717
    EQ10T 693 TU10T 704 EX10T 679
Processing