Hey all, Looking for some DPs or past experience from the group here. It appears I'm about to lose my top spot on the gardening board here soon. Haha! I'm moving into a new house next month, and I'm going to be buying some new furniture, a new mattress, and a washer and dryer. The furniture and mattress we're looking at is at the furniture store Living Spaces...the washer and dryer are at Lowe's. I'm looking to take advantage of the discounts and 0% APR periods offered by getting and using their store cards for these purchases. Here's the rub...both cards are issued by Synchrony. I used the pre-approval tools on both sites and was pre-approved for $4500 SL at Living Spaces, and $1500 SL at Lowe's. Maybe a little strange that the same bank is offering 2 different SLs, but who knows? Could be different underwriting criteria for the different cards or something like that. Both SLs would be sufficient for the purchases I want to make, so no big deal. I'm wondering if anyone has experience or DPs on applying for 2 different store cards issued by Synchrony almost back to back? They issue so many store cards that this has to happen to them fairly often. Just wondered if anyone else had applied for multiple cards issued by Synchrony in a short period of time, and your experience/DPs on if they'll approve multiple products applied for within a couple weeks of each other.
Applying to multiple store cards issued by Synchrony

1 of 5
A year ago
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 pm
SoonerSoldier33
Seasoned RebelTeam Cash Back
Level9 Last INQMonday, November 27, 2023 Gardening For9 months, 11 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes on September 27th INQ 1yr onWednesday, November 27, 2024 INQ 1yr in2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, November 27, 2025 INQ 2yr in1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, November 27, 2025 Goal In1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes
Hey all,

Looking for some DPs or past experience from the group here. It appears I'm about to lose my top spot on the gardening board here soon. Haha!

I'm moving into a new house next month, and I'm going to be buying some new furniture, a new mattress, and a washer and dryer. The furniture and mattress we're looking at is at the furniture store Living Spaces...the washer and dryer are at Lowe's. I'm looking to take advantage of the discounts and 0% APR periods offered by getting and using their store cards for these purchases.

Here's the rub...both cards are issued by Synchrony. I used the pre-approval tools on both sites and was pre-approved for $4500 SL at Living Spaces, and $1500 SL at Lowe's. Maybe a little strange that the same bank is offering 2 different SLs, but who knows? Could be different underwriting criteria for the different cards or something like that. Both SLs would be sufficient for the purchases I want to make, so no big deal.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience or DPs on applying for 2 different store cards issued by Synchrony almost back to back? They issue so many store cards that this has to happen to them fairly often. Just wondered if anyone else had applied for multiple cards issued by Synchrony in a short period of time, and your experience/DPs on if they'll approve multiple products applied for within a couple weeks of each other.
SoonerSoldier33
  • Score data TU FICO 8: 641 EQ FICO 8: 616 EX FICO 8: 649
Re: Applying to multiple store cards issued by Synchrony

2 of 5
A year ago
Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:46 pm
A default user avatar.
Beefy
Seasoned Rebel
Level3 Last INQTuesday, May 28, 2024 Gardening For3 months, 10 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in20 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes on September 28th INQ 1yr onWednesday, May 28, 2025 INQ 1yr in8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, May 28, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateWednesday, May 28, 2025 Goal In8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes
SoonerSoldier33 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 pm Hey all, Looking for some DPs or past experience from the group here. It appears I'm about to lose my top spot on the gardening board here soon. Haha! I'm moving into a new house next month, and I'm going to be buying some new furniture, a new mattress, and a washer and dryer. The furniture and mattress we're looking at is at the furniture store Living Spaces...the washer and dryer are at Lowe's. I'm looking to take advantage of the discounts and 0% APR periods offered by getting and using their store cards for these purchases. Here's the rub...both cards are issued by Synchrony. I used the pre-approval tools on both sites and was pre-approved for $4500 SL at Living Spaces, and $1500 SL at Lowe's. Maybe a little strange that the same bank is offering 2 different SLs, but who knows? Could be different underwriting criteria for the different cards or something like that. Both SLs would be sufficient for the purchases I want to make, so no big deal. I'm wondering if anyone has experience or DPs on applying for 2 different store cards issued by Synchrony almost back to back? They issue so many store cards that this has to happen to them fairly often. Just wondered if anyone else had applied for multiple cards issued by Synchrony in a short period of time, and your experience/DPs on if they'll approve multiple products applied for within a couple weeks of each other.
My understanding is people have been successful doing this in the past, and Lowe’s in particular people have gotten cli’s the same day approved @BrutalBodyShots I believed specifically mentioned doing this. I would start with the one that benefits you the most then try for the other. Conversely perhaps going with neither and instead getting say alt reserve or CSP or some other very high spend sub you can use at one or both places might make more sense.
Beefy
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8-791; TU8-780 EX8-766
    EQ9-816; TU9-776; EX9-776
    EQ5-729; TI4- 740; EX2-723

3 of 5
A year ago
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:01 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago
As long as you have a solid profile, you can more or less pick your limit with Lowe's up to $35k.

I was approved with a SL of just $3k on the Lowe's card. A day or two later (before even receiving the card) I called in and requested $30k. Approved in under 2 minutes via SP. At some point later on I heard that $35k was the max you could take the card to, so I called in again and got that final $5k SP CLI to $35k.

This was a bit before my file became clean. I still had at least a 90D late present (maybe 2 dirty accounts) and my TU8 score was about 730. Income at the time was probably $70k. It was (and still is) my only Synchrony account.

Also noteworthy is that I did have two old closed Synchrony accounts on my credit report, both Care Credit and both had shitty payment history. Both were cleaned up via GW letters though. I'd imagine Synchrony saw that so-so previous history when I applied for the Lowe's card.
BrutalBodyShots

4 of 5
A year ago
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:32 pm
SoonerSoldier33
Seasoned RebelTeam Cash Back
Level9 Last INQMonday, November 27, 2023 Gardening For9 months, 11 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes on September 27th INQ 1yr onWednesday, November 27, 2024 INQ 1yr in2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, November 27, 2025 INQ 2yr in1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, November 27, 2025 Goal In1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes
I pulled the trigger today, and went on a little shopping spree, and got a pretty surprising (to me) result!

Went on the Synchrony pre-approval site for a Living Spaces store card, put in my info, asked for a $5K SL, and was pre-approved. Hit the apply button, and was approved for the $5K SL. Monitoring services confirmed they pulled TU only (FICO 8 665). Went to the store, and got the living room furniture, rug, and mattress we were after all at 18 months 0% APR.

We headed off to Lowe's to look at washers and dryers, and in the car I went to the pre-approval site for the Lowe's Advantage card. The site had a 'Welcome Back' message and asked for my last 4 and phone number only. I entered it, and it had me confirm some info, and then told me I was pre-approved for the card with a $2K SL. I went ahead with the process and was approved. Here's the kicker...no additional HP. Got the washer and dryer at 12 months 0% APR instead of the 20% off promo (capped at $100).

I was worried about too much velocity with Synchrony by applying for 2 accounts on the same day, and instead it looks like Synchrony used the same HP to approve both accounts. Pretty happy with the results of this little mini spree!

TL;DR: Approved for Living Spaces ($5K SL) and Lowe's ($2K SL) store cards issued by Synchrony on the same day through pre-approval site, and Synchrony approved both with only 1 TU HP.
SoonerSoldier33
  • Score data TU FICO 8: 641 EQ FICO 8: 616 EX FICO 8: 649

5 of 5
A year ago
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:14 am
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 31 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes ago
SoonerSoldier33 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:32 pm TL;DR: Approved for Living Spaces ($5K SL) and Lowe's ($2K SL) store cards issued by Synchrony on the same day through pre-approval site, and Synchrony approved both with only 1 TU HP.
Awesome, congrats on the double approvals! Are you going to call Credit Solutions and bump up your Lowe's limit? Nothing to lose, everything to gain, IMO.
BrutalBodyShots
Processing