I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in June of 2020. I am trying to repair and grow my credit the best that I can. One thing I noticed in the report is a business loan that was discharged in that bankruptcy on my report as a charge off. Can I get that removed since it was discharged in the bankruptcy and should I do that?
Can I dispute a charge off that was in a bankruptcy

1 of 2
10 months ago
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:59 pm
Learning2repair
Visitor
I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in June of 2020. I am trying to repair and grow my credit the best that I can. One thing I noticed in the report is a business loan that was discharged in that bankruptcy on my report as a charge off. Can I get that removed since it was discharged in the bankruptcy and should I do that?
Learning2repair
Re: Can I dispute a charge off that was in a bankruptcy

2 of 2
10 months ago
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:34 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Recent HP or new account.
Level0 Last INQFriday, August 23, 2024 Gardening For15 days, 22 hours, and 2 minutes Next Level in15 days, 1 hour, and 58 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, August 23, 2025 INQ 1yr in11 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 58 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, August 23, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 11 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 58 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, February 23, 2025 Goal In5 months, 15 days, 1 hour, and 58 minutes
Does it have a note that says it was included in bankruptcy (IIB) or discharged? If not, you can dispute it as included in bankruptcy but they aren't required to remove it, they just have to update the note. It's also not allowed to have a balance listed if it was discharged. Beware that having them update this account will likely have FICO treat it as a new delinquency which can actually hurt your score. Updates of delinquent accounts have the date of the update treated as the date of the delinquency for scoring purposes. This is why you'll often see collections updated every month so they can keep your score suppressed and increase the chance you'll pay them for it. Welcome, by the way. 😁
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023
Processing