Birdman was involved in an automobile accident and pronounced dead at the scene. He was laid to rest on Friday, May 19, 2023. This is where we welcome you to express your condolences and sympathies. We encourage you to share your fond memories of Birdman. [ Registration is not required to post here. ] ( If you don't provide a username, it will be set to 'Guest'. )
Re: Condolences

33 of 38
11 months ago
Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:21 am
A default user avatar.
lyTENciL
I am so incredibly sad to find out about Birdman’s passing. I stumbled on this forum for the first time today and saw the banner. My deepest condolences to Birdman’s family.

I’m a sporadic participant at MF. I was most active in 2019-2020, when I was just learning the basics. Birdman was far and away the standout contributor. He was unparalleled in his knowledge and dedication to reverse engineering the algorithms. He was so kind, gracious, humble, the polar opposite of combative. You just don’t encounter people like him online.

I was there when a FICO employee did an AMA, and it was hilarious how advanced and technical our questions were, waaay beyond what this person was prepared to answer. Even though I didn’t think the AMA guy had been that helpful, Birdman was genuinely grateful and focused on the successes. Over the years, I’ve referred many folks to the MF forums. I knew Birdman would be there to set people straight, to go as deep in the weeds as anyone was willing. I’m sad to realize that the past few months, those folks haven’t gotten to talk to Birdman. But they get to benefit from his tireless work nonetheless.

It may seem a strange little hobby of ours, but my finance journey was the start of a new life for me. It all began with MF and the guidance I got there. Thank you to Birdman, Cassie, BBS, and all the many MFers who keep giving back.
lyTENciL
A default user avatar.
Quote Quote
Re: Condolences

34 of 38
11 months ago
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:49 am
Have1
Seasoned Rebel
Have1 has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 12, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 12, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 12, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago
I have been absent for a long while and came back today to be greeted by this very sad news. This bothers me more than I can really communicate.

Birdman was a very special person who I only knew through text on a computer screen. But he was larger than life. Everywhere he had a presence people appreciated his willingness to share his knowledge and thinking. He was always willing to help. I hope his family and friends are healing and are comforted by how valued he was by so many people.
Have1
  • Score data Recent Scores (Oct '23):
    EX8: 758 EX9: 814
    EQ8: 760 EQ9: 820
    TU8: 765 TU9: 823
Quote Quote
Re: Birdman, Birdman7, MFBirdman7 : 1976 - 2023

35 of 38
8 months ago
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 am
CHAM504
Visitor
I got a little worried as I've been away at least a year. I saw he didn't comment for a while and right before I messaged him I knew I couldn't be lazy and not check here before sending off are you ok? I came here and I was right but for all the wrong wrong reasons......

I thought it was going to something health wise but it breaks my heart into a million pieces to know it was car accident. As an insurance agent this is probably the hardest of all the deaths and he wasn't a client. A friend in deed though.

His knowledge on our field brought us together and the first articles that must be read before here led to us talking many nights for a decent amount and time. He inspired me to start a non-profit ish course for military new recruits that get transplanted to our city. They get taken advantage of because of their high ability to get approved.

It excited him and that excited myself......

What I will remember was his initial statements of how him and the community had pulled together soooo much data that with what is here. That all you need to do is read and you'll find everything you could ever want. It would live long after him. He was right. His dream was for this to be around for a long time to give freedom and literacy to ppl.

It's heart wrenching but it's also funny that he was right.......
CHAM504
Quote Quote

36 of 38
8 months ago
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:02 pm
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in6 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago
CHAM504 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 am He inspired me to start a non-profit ish course for military new recruits that get transplanted to our city. They get taken advantage of because of their high ability to get approved. It excited him and that excited myself......
He definitely had a way of conveying enthusiasm! I miss it. It's nice to hear that he inspired others. If it wasn't for him, I would never have explored starting a forum. I think of him all the time when I'm writing code for this site.
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Quote Quote

37 of 38
8 months ago
Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:00 pm
A default user avatar.
AmbitiousKTN1
Hi,

I know I’m late but I haven’t been active thru Reddit or creditrebels at all. Just want to say I’m very thankful for Birdman.. We’ve messaged back and forth about my credit score and starting my delivery business. To me, he was a father figure/mentor and a person I wanted to meet in person one day. He often told me he was dealing with recent health issues because I noticed he wasn’t messaging me as much, but I always wished him well. Unfortunate for the sad news because he was a good person and a person who did many things for many others, excluding myself… Fly High, Birdman! Thank you for everything.
AmbitiousKTN1
A default user avatar.
Quote Quote

38 of 38
3 months ago
Mon May 27, 2024 9:07 am
A default user avatar.
Iusedtolurk
Wow Just finding out this sad info about Birdman and I had to say something. I used to lurk around MF for a long time before I finally joined back in 2018. Never paid attention to my credit but got on a rebuilding credit road and Birdman7 had posts all over the place with fantastic information, He and I posted back and forth on many things as I learned more and more about credit.

About a year ago once I noticed he was not posting as usual and also a few other people I made a post inquiring thinking he and a couple others were taking a break from MF. Never did I imagine that we had lost him in a tragic accident.

When seeing this info today I felt a great lost as though I had lost a great friend and mentor and I guess in reality I have. It's amazing how someone you never met in person can make such an impact on you. I always envisioned him as an older guy maybe in his late 70's or older so I was surprised to learn he was so young. RIP Birdman7.
Iusedtolurk
A default user avatar.
Quote Quote
Processing