I only pay for quarterly updates from myFICO I like to read the reports but I don’t really need them so wondering what those of you getting monthly updates are seeing but from my last 9 months of observation… It still doesn’t matter if you let heavy usage report, as long as that usage is consistent. In 2021 I never let balances report… my “trend” was 0-2% This year I started letting about 1k report on my AppleCard based on what the CSR told me about reported balances and CLI… my usage was still about 1% because my limits had risen substantially, this still triggered the negative reason code high balance/usage in relation to historical usage now… if your 18 month historical usage is to report let’s say 10% and every month you let that 10% report your reported balance is no longer high in relation to historical usage your data is now trending as stable “no point loss” on my 9/2022 3b report I had gotten sloppy and had like 4 cards report a balance although this was much less than the 1k I was letting apple report I now had the reason code high number of accounts reporting a balance vs historical data. My 12/2022 only had a single 98 dollar balance report neither the high number of accounts or high usage in relation to historical limits reason codes are on my report meaning going back to AZEO 1-3 months before a major credit decision will yield the same behavior as it does in fico 8 and 9. Are you seeing the same behavior? Or am I simply not seeing enough data points to draw a proper conclusion?
Thoughts on 10T trended data does carrying balances really matter?

1 of 1
2 years ago
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:31 pm
A default user avatar.
Beefy
Seasoned Rebel
Level3 Last INQTuesday, May 28, 2024 Gardening For3 months, 10 days, 21 hours, and 41 minutes Next Level in20 days, 2 hours, and 19 minutes on September 28th INQ 1yr onWednesday, May 28, 2025 INQ 1yr in8 months, 20 days, 2 hours, and 19 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, May 28, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 8 months, 20 days, 2 hours, and 19 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateWednesday, May 28, 2025 Goal In8 months, 20 days, 2 hours, and 19 minutes
I only pay for quarterly updates from myFICO I like to read the reports but I don’t really need them so wondering what those of you getting monthly updates are seeing but from my last 9 months of observation…

It still doesn’t matter if you let heavy usage report, as long as that usage is consistent.

In 2021 I never let balances report… my “trend” was 0-2%
This year I started letting about 1k report on my AppleCard based on what the CSR told me about reported balances and CLI… my usage was still about 1% because my limits had risen substantially, this still triggered the negative reason code high balance/usage in relation to historical usage now… if your 18 month historical usage is to report let’s say 10% and every month you let that 10% report your reported balance is no longer high in relation to historical usage your data is now trending as stable “no point loss” on my 9/2022 3b report I had gotten sloppy and had like 4 cards report a balance although this was much less than the 1k I was letting apple report I now had the reason code high number of accounts reporting a balance vs historical data. My 12/2022 only had a single 98 dollar balance report neither the high number of accounts or high usage in relation to historical limits reason codes are on my report meaning going back to AZEO 1-3 months before a major credit decision will yield the same behavior as it does in fico 8 and 9.

Are you seeing the same behavior? Or am I simply not seeing enough data points to draw a proper conclusion?
Beefy
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8-791; TU8-780 EX8-766
    EQ9-816; TU9-776; EX9-776
    EQ5-729; TI4- 740; EX2-723
Processing