Yes?!? Well what's the secret? I held four cards through BB&T. All with a $10.5k sl/cl. After learning of the pending merger I closed the two cards I wasn't utilizing thinking I'd be golden in a couple of ways when Truist sets their eyes upon me. Wrong! I've tried cli requests twice and twice I got hit with a hp and a 'shew fly'. Once I had my cr's frozen and they tried to pull and then they encouraged me to unlock my reports.....hahaha, nope! I asked if I "WAS" eligible for a sp cli in which the csr said let me see, without answering she tried to ding me. So I've used these cards for like 3 yrs now and put high spend on them with pif or high pymts to no avail. Not totally bummed because I do get 0% bt promos regularly and I do take advantage of those offers quite often. So I'm wondering if those bt promos affect the decision to withhold an cli. Anyone with experience with their underwriting (Truist, BB&T, Suntrust) requirements?
Can anyone get a cli out of Truist?

1 of 1
A year ago
Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm
GApeachy
Seasoned Rebel
GApeachy has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level13 Last INQMonday, August 7, 2023 Gardening For1 year, 1 month, 21 hours, and 38 minutes Next Level in29 days, 2 hours, and 22 minutes on October 7th INQ 1yr onWednesday, August 7, 2024 INQ 1yr reached1 month, 21 hours, and 38 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, August 7, 2025 INQ 2yr in10 months, 30 days, 2 hours, and 22 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, August 7, 2025 Goal In10 months, 30 days, 2 hours, and 22 minutes
Yes?!? Well what's the secret?

I held four cards through BB&T. All with a $10.5k sl/cl. After learning of the pending merger I closed the two cards I wasn't utilizing thinking I'd be golden in a couple of ways when Truist sets their eyes upon me. Wrong! I've tried cli requests twice and twice I got hit with a hp and a 'shew fly'. Once I had my cr's frozen and they tried to pull and then they encouraged me to unlock my reports.....hahaha, nope! I asked if I "WAS" eligible for a sp cli in which the csr said let me see, without answering she tried to ding me.
So I've used these cards for like 3 yrs now and put high spend on them with pif or high pymts to no avail. Not totally bummed because I do get 0% bt promos regularly and I do take advantage of those offers quite often. So I'm wondering if those bt promos affect the decision to withhold an cli.

Anyone with experience with their underwriting (Truist, BB&T, Suntrust) requirements?
GApeachy
  • Score data EX8: 765/ TU: 765/ EQ: 764
Processing