Via CNBC.com : "Inflation has squeezed consumer spending, said Marshal Cohen, chief retail advisor for Circana, the market researcher formerly known as IRI and The NPD Group. As shoppers buy fewer discretionary and big ticket items, companies have taken a harder look at expenses, he said. If they can’t boost sales, they can try to impress investors with better margins." ---- I came across the above while searching for more information on T-Mobile's recent elimination of their $5-per-line discount for autopay, when using a credit card . People can still get it with a debit card or linking to a bank account, though, but a lot of people don't trust T-Mobile to keep banking info. (Way too many data breaches.) I've seen a few articles over the past few months that makes me think there's going to be a huge public backlash from the corporate world over high credit card processing interchange fees.
No more freebies: Companies crack down on customer perks and rewards

1 of 1
A year ago
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:51 am
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 28 minutes Next Level in6 days, 3 hours, and 32 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 28 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 28 minutes ago
Via CNBC.com: "Inflation has squeezed consumer spending, said Marshal Cohen, chief retail advisor for Circana, the market researcher formerly known as IRI and The NPD Group. As shoppers buy fewer discretionary and big ticket items, companies have taken a harder look at expenses, he said. If they can’t boost sales, they can try to impress investors with better margins." ---- I came across the above while searching for more information on T-Mobile's recent elimination of their $5-per-line discount for autopay, when using a credit card. People can still get it with a debit card or linking to a bank account, though, but a lot of people don't trust T-Mobile to keep banking info. (Way too many data breaches.) I've seen a few articles over the past few months that makes me think there's going to be a huge public backlash from the corporate world over high credit card processing interchange fees.
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Processing