I've had a BCP with a $5k limit for the last 10 months and every time I clicked to check recommended cards/see my offers etc there's always either been nothing or whatever the crappiest base level SUB existed for Plat (80k IIRC) and Gold (60k). Tonight when I logged in I had a new update for my credit guide so got a fresh experian report (due to BCP reporting the latest statement) and when I checked my recommended cards I had a 90k gold offer for the first time (75k if did an in private window so it wouldn't recognize my prior log in). Given that I always get the lowest offers listed if any at all when logged in I'm wondering if there's anything positive I can take from this in terms of my relationship with Amex or if it's just marketing BS as I would tend to think at first look. To be clear I'm not planning to app for any of the charge cards (or any new Amex for that matter), but would love to get a CLI on the BCP and am grasping at straws. FWIW, last month and this month are the first two times reported balances and my understanding is that unlike some lenders (ie Cap One and Disco among others) Amex doesn't care too much about reporting a balance as long as you're a transactor and not carrying anything. Given that I've got a BK7 still on file I'm not expecting anything if i request a CLI knowing they usually won't grant one till it's off and was denied at 6 months but hoping that maybe I've got better odds when I plan to try again at 12 months now.
Elevated offers and relation to approvals and/or CLIs

1 of 3
10 months ago
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:34 am
A default user avatar.
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing
Seasoned Rebel
Level4 Last INQFriday, April 12, 2024 Gardening For4 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 43 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSaturday, April 12, 2025 INQ 1yr in7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, April 12, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateSaturday, April 12, 2025 Goal In7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes
I've had a BCP with a $5k limit for the last 10 months and every time I clicked to check recommended cards/see my offers etc there's always either been nothing or whatever the crappiest base level SUB existed for Plat (80k IIRC) and Gold (60k). Tonight when I logged in I had a new update for my credit guide so got a fresh experian report (due to BCP reporting the latest statement) and when I checked my recommended cards I had a 90k gold offer for the first time (75k if did an in private window so it wouldn't recognize my prior log in). Given that I always get the lowest offers listed if any at all when logged in I'm wondering if there's anything positive I can take from this in terms of my relationship with Amex or if it's just marketing BS as I would tend to think at first look. To be clear I'm not planning to app for any of the charge cards (or any new Amex for that matter), but would love to get a CLI on the BCP and am grasping at straws. FWIW, last month and this month are the first two times reported balances and my understanding is that unlike some lenders (ie Cap One and Disco among others) Amex doesn't care too much about reporting a balance as long as you're a transactor and not carrying anything. Given that I've got a BK7 still on file I'm not expecting anything if i request a CLI knowing they usually won't grant one till it's off and was denied at 6 months but hoping that maybe I've got better odds when I plan to try again at 12 months now.
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8 688 TU8 698 EX8 692
    EQ9 711 TU9 707 EX9 717
    EQ10T 693 TU10T 704 EX10T 679
Re: Elevated offers and relation to approvals and/or CLIs

2 of 3
10 months ago
Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:05 am
A default user avatar.
Beefy
Seasoned Rebel
Level3 Last INQTuesday, May 28, 2024 Gardening For3 months, 10 days, 20 hours, and 43 minutes Next Level in20 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes on September 28th INQ 1yr onWednesday, May 28, 2025 INQ 1yr in8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes INQ 2yr onThursday, May 28, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateWednesday, May 28, 2025 Goal In8 months, 20 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:34 am I've had a BCP with a $5k limit for the last 10 months and every time I clicked to check recommended cards/see my offers etc there's always either been nothing or whatever the crappiest base level SUB existed for Plat (80k IIRC) and Gold (60k). Tonight when I logged in I had a new update for my credit guide so got a fresh experian report (due to BCP reporting the latest statement) and when I checked my recommended cards I had a 90k gold offer for the first time (75k if did an in private window so it wouldn't recognize my prior log in). Given that I always get the lowest offers listed if any at all when logged in I'm wondering if there's anything positive I can take from this in terms of my relationship with Amex or if it's just marketing BS as I would tend to think at first look. To be clear I'm not planning to app for any of the charge cards (or any new Amex for that matter), but would love to get a CLI on the BCP and am grasping at straws. FWIW, last month and this month are the first two times reported balances and my understanding is that unlike some lenders (ie Cap One and Disco among others) Amex doesn't care too much about reporting a balance as long as you're a transactor and not carrying anything. Given that I've got a BK7 still on file I'm not expecting anything if i request a CLI knowing they usually won't grant one till it's off and was denied at 6 months but hoping that maybe I've got better odds when I plan to try again at 12 months now.
How log have you had the BCP? they wouldn't give me a cli for the first year, then in year two across 4 cli I got 50x limit increase. I have no idea what Amex like but they clearly like me despite barely using the card.
Beefy
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8-791; TU8-780 EX8-766
    EQ9-816; TU9-776; EX9-776
    EQ5-729; TI4- 740; EX2-723
Re: Elevated offers and relation to approvals and/or CLIs

3 of 3
10 months ago
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:23 pm
A default user avatar.
Seasoned Rebel
Level4 Last INQFriday, April 12, 2024 Gardening For4 months, 26 days, 20 hours, and 43 minutes Next Level in4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes on September 12th INQ 1yr onSaturday, April 12, 2025 INQ 1yr in7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, April 12, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateSaturday, April 12, 2025 Goal In7 months, 4 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes
Beefy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:05 am How log have you had the BCP? they wouldn't give me a cli for the first year, then in year two across 4 cli I got 50x limit increase. I have no idea what Amex like but they clearly like me despite barely using the card.
Yesterday marks 10 calendar months of having the card. Usage has been anywhere from $500-1000/mo but have only let balances report the last 2 months ($625 and $850). I was going to try and again at 12 months, but I might wait just a bit longer till March cause at that point, if I'm getting any sort of raise that's when it will take effect.
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8 688 TU8 698 EX8 692
    EQ9 711 TU9 707 EX9 717
    EQ10T 693 TU10T 704 EX10T 679
Processing