Maybe this is a well-known issue, or maybe I'm misinformed/misinterpreting. Let me know. This is a tale of two addresses on my Equifax report: a " right address " and a " wrong address ." I can see the "right address" on the Equifax website, but I do not see the "wrong address" anywhere on there. According to three CSRs including 1 supervisor, the "wrong address" is a part of my file. According to the supervisor, the "wrong address" would show up on my paper report but not the website. I don't think there is anything obviously exceptional or PEBKAC about what I'm doing. That "wrong address" doesn't appear in the disputable items on the website. My file is not thin or young; AoOA > 10 and I have 5 open lines. I have one name, address, phone number, DOB, and SSN that match all my accounts. I have one former address which is not on any of my accounts anymore. I've never knowingly been associated with the "wrong address" in any way, and I double-checked that it is not listed on any of my financial institutions. Here is a table of all the reps I called (all on 2024/05/10) and what they said: https://imgur.com/a/UhquMZ1 *Supervisor 1: They claimed that they found the wrong address in a separate "section" by speaking to the technical team. I asked them what this section was called and they said that they couldn't tell me. I asked them whether there was a way to refer to that section so that I could refer to it in the future with other CSRs. They said they couldn't tell me. Supervisor 1's supervisor said almost the same thing, but they said that I could call it the "former information" or something like that. They confirmed that the wrong address had not been added in the past 5 days (so it's not an issue with the credit report lagging). They claimed that the wrong address would have appeared on my paper report but would not have appeared on my online report. So I asked them "wait, so there is information in the paper report that is not on the website?" They said yes, that's correct, the website is a summary and they are working to add more information to the website. They claimed that they had removed the wrong address. They claimed that they would send me a copy of the paper report, and that the wrong address would no longer be listed. They claimed that, from now on, I could authenticate over the phone using my correct address instead of the wrong address, and the wrong address would not work. **Rep 4: I called back and (for the first time!) was able to authenticate using the correct address. I asked the representative whether they could find that wrong address. They could not find it. That's good, but it might be that they just don't know where to look. I explained that it would appear on my paper report but not the website. I asked the representative whether that wrong address might have something to do with why my targeted offers don't show up on the Equifax website (I'm opted in; these offers have never shown up for me and I have some similar connection issues as well; creditkarma's Equifax sectioni and my bank's Equifax-based credit score tracker don't work). They didn't think it was related: they said that, as long as my "current address" was correct, that wrong address shouldn't be an issue. I asked whether somehow that wrong address had counted as my "current address" since it was the one that authenticated me over the phone until Supervisor 1 fixed it. They didn't seem to think so. I asked them, in that case, why my offers didn't show up. They said that they forwarded my request to the technical team. I'll update if I hear back. I will report back the next time my free Equifax report updates. At that point, I will be able to check on 3 out of my >=4 definitely-Equifax-related verification problems (credit score tracking from my bank, creditkarma Equifax data, targeted offers from Equifax . com). UPDATE: 2 of my 4 Equifax-related verification issues went away immediately!!! (Equifax-based credit scoring widget on my bank website now works, it never has before for the ~6 months I've had the account; creditkarma Equifax data now works, it didn't before.) It sounds like Supervisor 1 is legit.
Storytime: A wrong address was secretly in my Equifax report

1 of 2
4 months ago
Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm
A default user avatar.
TyrannicalDuncery
Authorized Rebel
Maybe this is a well-known issue, or maybe I'm misinformed/misinterpreting. Let me know. This is a tale of two addresses on my Equifax report: a "right address" and a "wrong address." I can see the "right address" on the Equifax website, but I do not see the "wrong address" anywhere on there. According to three CSRs including 1 supervisor, the "wrong address" is a part of my file. According to the supervisor, the "wrong address" would show up on my paper report but not the website. I don't think there is anything obviously exceptional or PEBKAC about what I'm doing. That "wrong address" doesn't appear in the disputable items on the website. My file is not thin or young; AoOA > 10 and I have 5 open lines. I have one name, address, phone number, DOB, and SSN that match all my accounts. I have one former address which is not on any of my accounts anymore. I've never knowingly been associated with the "wrong address" in any way, and I double-checked that it is not listed on any of my financial institutions. Here is a table of all the reps I called (all on 2024/05/10) and what they said: *Supervisor 1:
  1. They claimed that they found the wrong address in a separate "section" by speaking to the technical team.
  2. I asked them what this section was called and they said that they couldn't tell me. I asked them whether there was a way to refer to that section so that I could refer to it in the future with other CSRs. They said they couldn't tell me. Supervisor 1's supervisor said almost the same thing, but they said that I could call it the "former information" or something like that.
  3. They confirmed that the wrong address had not been added in the past 5 days (so it's not an issue with the credit report lagging).
  4. They claimed that the wrong address would have appeared on my paper report but would not have appeared on my online report.
  5. So I asked them "wait, so there is information in the paper report that is not on the website?" They said yes, that's correct, the website is a summary and they are working to add more information to the website.
  6. They claimed that they had removed the wrong address.
  7. They claimed that they would send me a copy of the paper report, and that the wrong address would no longer be listed.
  8. They claimed that, from now on, I could authenticate over the phone using my correct address instead of the wrong address, and the wrong address would not work.
**Rep 4:
  1. I called back and (for the first time!) was able to authenticate using the correct address.
  2. I asked the representative whether they could find that wrong address. They could not find it. That's good, but it might be that they just don't know where to look. I explained that it would appear on my paper report but not the website.
  3. I asked the representative whether that wrong address might have something to do with why my targeted offers don't show up on the Equifax website (I'm opted in; these offers have never shown up for me and I have some similar connection issues as well; creditkarma's Equifax sectioni and my bank's Equifax-based credit score tracker don't work). They didn't think it was related: they said that, as long as my "current address" was correct, that wrong address shouldn't be an issue. I asked whether somehow that wrong address had counted as my "current address" since it was the one that authenticated me over the phone until Supervisor 1 fixed it. They didn't seem to think so. I asked them, in that case, why my offers didn't show up. They said that they forwarded my request to the technical team. I'll update if I hear back. I will report back the next time my free Equifax report updates. At that point, I will be able to check on 3 out of my >=4 definitely-Equifax-related verification problems (credit score tracking from my bank, creditkarma Equifax data, targeted offers from Equifax . com). UPDATE: 2 of my 4 Equifax-related verification issues went away immediately!!! (Equifax-based credit scoring widget on my bank website now works, it never has before for the ~6 months I've had the account; creditkarma Equifax data now works, it didn't before.) It sounds like Supervisor 1 is legit.
TyrannicalDuncery
A default user avatar.
Re: Storytime: A wrong address was secretly in my Equifax report

2 of 2
2 months ago
Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:59 am
Dinosaur
Seasoned RebelDinosaur
Level4 Last INQMonday, April 8, 2024 Gardening For4 months, 30 days, 20 hours, and 35 minutes Next Level in3 hours and 25 minutes on September 8th INQ 1yr onTuesday, April 8, 2025 INQ 1yr in7 months, 3 hours, and 25 minutes INQ 2yr onWednesday, April 8, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 7 months, 3 hours, and 25 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateWednesday, April 8, 2026 Goal In1 year, 7 months, 3 hours, and 25 minutes
Post was altered.
Last edited by Cassie on Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added missing quote tag
TyrannicalDuncery wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm Maybe this is a well-known issue, or maybe I'm misinformed/misinterpreting. Let me know. This is a tale of two addresses on my Equifax report: a "right address" and a "wrong address." I can see the "right address" on the Equifax website, but I do not see the "wrong address" anywhere on there. According to three CSRs including 1 supervisor, the "wrong address" is a part of my file. According to the supervisor, the "wrong address" would show up on my paper report but not the website.
Oh ... Equifax! Took me five plus years to finally be able to acquire a credit report. They could not verify me??? Wish you all the best :) Will add JP Morgan Chase is a cluster and after trying to correct addresses they eliminated my online Personal Account access. It took three CRs to finally figure it out. Found that Chase has many errors in my profile. Since it gets me by, "I am letting sleeping dogs lay"!
Dinosaur
  • Score data EQ8:808 TU8:803 EX8:799
Processing