Hello all, My names denver and awhile back I was using this site to really repair my bad credit score and it was working. At that time I was making decent money , well things have changed. My job has went from 50-65 hrs a week to 14-24. Needless to say we are struggling.all the cards that I have been able to pay down or off have all been maxed out again. I was able to pay minimum on them for awhile but one by one got behind. Now one by one are closing on me since I haven't been able to pay even a nickel on any of them. I really could use some advice because idk what to do. I've gotten on payment plans with some but eventually I couldn't even afford the $25 minimum. We are broke. Today I counted change for a gallon of milk . Is there letters I can write or something I can file to stop them from closing on me because I know this is just temporary and we will be back on our feet again. Please help
All of my cards are closing !!

1 of 3
3 months ago
Wed May 29, 2024 1:16 am
A default user avatar.
dcasto
Authorized Rebel
Hello all,
My names denver and awhile back I was using this site to really repair my bad credit score and it was working. At that time I was making decent money , well things have changed. My job has went from 50-65 hrs a week to 14-24. Needless to say we are struggling.all the cards that I have been able to pay down or off have all been maxed out again. I was able to pay minimum on them for awhile but one by one got behind. Now one by one are closing on me since I haven't been able to pay even a nickel on any of them. I really could use some advice because idk what to do. I've gotten on payment plans with some but eventually I couldn't even afford the $25 minimum. We are broke. Today I counted change for a gallon of milk . Is there letters I can write or something I can file to stop them from closing on me because I know this is just temporary and we will be back on our feet again. Please help
dcasto
A default user avatar.
Re: All of my cards are closing !!

2 of 3
3 months ago
Wed May 29, 2024 8:23 am
JoeRockhead
Seasoned Rebel
JoeRockhead has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level18 Last INQMonday, March 6, 2023 Gardening For1 year, 6 months, 1 day, 20 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in28 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes on October 6th INQ 1yr onWednesday, March 6, 2024 INQ 1yr reached6 months, 1 day, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, March 6, 2025 INQ 2yr in5 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, March 6, 2025 Goal In5 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes
Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you can get back on your feet soon. Maxing out cards is a huge red flag to lenders and will often lead them to start balance chasing, or closing down accounts (even from lenders that you don't have maxed out) to help mitigate further potential losses. Unless you are active duty military there's nothing you can file to stop them, or suspend you payments due. Unfortunately, there's little, to nothing you can do to stop lenders from closing down accounts whether you're defaulting on them, or not. Even if you were to suddenly pay them in full, that still might not prevent them from closing them down anyway.

Some might suggest a second job, or a side gig to earn extra money in order to pay down your debts and potentially stop the bleeding so you can begin rebuilding again. I'm not generally an advocate for bankruptcy but, when your back is against the wall with little to no options for relief, you need to seek relief both financially, and for your mental well being. You may want to strongly consider speaking with a bankruptcy attorney as that avenue may offer you a faster road to a fresh start, as well as a bit of peace of mind.

There are some smart people here, I'm sure others will chime in with some solid advice.
JoeRockhead
  • Score data EQ8: 810 TU8: 810 EX8: 796
Re: All of my cards are closing !!

3 of 3
3 months ago
Wed May 29, 2024 1:14 pm
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level54 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in6 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes on September 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 6 months, 24 days, 20 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Try freezing (card lock) as many cards as possible, on your own, through whatever means one of your lenders provides through their website portal.

It may trick their algorithms into ignoring your account for further review, since a freeze means there won't be any new charges or or more liability for them.

Also, go freeze your credit reports at all three bureaus right now. That will show that you're not about to look for any new credit.
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Processing