We know from the Credit Scoring Primer that AoOA is a scorecard segmentation factor and not a scoring factor. AoYRA however is a scoring factor, and as far as I know not much research or testing has been done on it. I'm looking for any information on this subject that anyone may have. The Credit Scoring Primer references one threshold point I found, which was AoYRA of 20 years on TU Fico 4 being good for 1 single point. It was at that point that my negative reason code for "length of time [revolving] accounts have been established" reason code went away. It's worth noting that I never saw that code in the 4-5 years prior on Fico 8. For this reason, I can only conclude that with the newer models (F8 and beyond) that AoYRA must cap out at a point prior to that; my guess would be under 15 years. What I'm looking for are any data points anyone has on seeing that negative reason code present on F8 and at what point it went away. It's also worth noting that TWO metrics are potentially impacted by that code, both AoYRA and AAoA. We know that AAoA tops out at 90 months, so for adequate testing to isolate just AoYRA one would need to have an AAoA of 90+ months in place. I really appreciate anyone that may have further insight to this!
AoYRA threshold points?

1 of 1
3 months ago
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:10 pm
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 35 minutes Next Level in15 days, 2 hours, and 25 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 35 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 35 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 35 minutes ago
We know from the Credit Scoring Primer that AoOA is a scorecard segmentation factor and not a scoring factor. AoYRA however is a scoring factor, and as far as I know not much research or testing has been done on it. I'm looking for any information on this subject that anyone may have. The Credit Scoring Primer references one threshold point I found, which was AoYRA of 20 years on TU Fico 4 being good for 1 single point. It was at that point that my negative reason code for "length of time [revolving] accounts have been established" reason code went away. It's worth noting that I never saw that code in the 4-5 years prior on Fico 8. For this reason, I can only conclude that with the newer models (F8 and beyond) that AoYRA must cap out at a point prior to that; my guess would be under 15 years. What I'm looking for are any data points anyone has on seeing that negative reason code present on F8 and at what point it went away.

It's also worth noting that TWO metrics are potentially impacted by that code, both AoYRA and AAoA. We know that AAoA tops out at 90 months, so for adequate testing to isolate just AoYRA one would need to have an AAoA of 90+ months in place.

I really appreciate anyone that may have further insight to this!
BrutalBodyShots
Processing