Originally posted by Birdman in several different forums. [Ed. - EWS is Early Warning Services, LLC .] USB is one of the big 7 owning EWS. Many people find them to be very conservative, and it is great not to have many new accounts or inquiries when approaching them (many people wait 12 months clean), but many find them very generous. Seems to be profile dependent. YMMV and after 6 months, new revolvers can try for SP CLIs. Elan appears to be slightly less conservative than its parent, USB. Same underwriting offices, different criteria is our best guess. BBT and SunTrust are merging to create Truist Bank. BBT is one of the big seven owning EWS. BOA is one of the big 7 that owns EWS. Citibank is at the time of writing, I believe the largest issuer of credit cards. They are known to offer soft pull CLIs and if you’re not eligible, they will let you know that you’re not eligible and they need to do a HP. So there’s no harm in trying and they have been known to be very generous, profile depending of course. Capital one is a well-known credit card issuer that is friendly to those just starting out. It should be known they are famous for the triple pull. They pull from all three bureaus for a card. Capital one is one of the big seven that own EWS. JP Morgan Chase bank as I believe the largest depository institution in the United States and one of the biggest players in the credit card market. They are also one of the big 7 that own EWS. CLIs are almost always a hardpull, auto CLIs are very rare. Also be aware of the 5/24 rule. You will be denied if you seek a revolver where you have 5 new accounts in the preceding 24 months. From my understanding this may have been extended to inquiries since the pandemic. This author (Birdman) has found a lot of controversy regarding Synchrony and a lot of diverse opinions. Therefore, I would highly suggest you fully research this lender before you make decisions. There are people on both sides of the camp, and I won’t get into all the details, I’ll let you do the research. What I will say is this: Synchrony can be very generous, but be very careful if you have multiple tradelines with them, as they have been known to close multiple tradelines without good reason. They have also been known to off cycle report without rhyme or reason. Synovus AKA Columbus Bank: CLIs appear to be HP only. Smaller bank in the southeastern United States, but it does have some interesting offerings. Wells Fargo is a big bank and is also one of the big 7 that own EWS. WF has had a lot of controversy and I would encourage anyone to research them before initiating a relationship. Many people have great relationships, so YMMV. PNC is one of the big 7 that owns EWS. Sir Barclays is an English lender, IIRC, with certain idiosyncrasies, but they used to have the Barclay Ring, offering a low 8% interest-rate on purchases or cash advances, but interest began the day of the charge. I think they also had an Apple-associated card before the actual Apple Card. CLIs are typically HP. Thought of as a conservative lender.
Notes about some of the banks.

1 of 1
3 years ago
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:50 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level30 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in24 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes on October 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached6 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago
Originally posted by Birdman in several different forums. [Ed. - EWS is Early Warning Services, LLC.] USB is one of the big 7 owning EWS. Many people find them to be very conservative, and it is great not to have many new accounts or inquiries when approaching them (many people wait 12 months clean), but many find them very generous. Seems to be profile dependent. YMMV and after 6 months, new revolvers can try for SP CLIs. Elan appears to be slightly less conservative than its parent, USB. Same underwriting offices, different criteria is our best guess. BBT and SunTrust are merging to create Truist Bank. BBT is one of the big seven owning EWS. BOA is one of the big 7 that owns EWS. Citibank is at the time of writing, I believe the largest issuer of credit cards. They are known to offer soft pull CLIs and if you’re not eligible, they will let you know that you’re not eligible and they need to do a HP. So there’s no harm in trying and they have been known to be very generous, profile depending of course. Capital one is a well-known credit card issuer that is friendly to those just starting out. It should be known they are famous for the triple pull. They pull from all three bureaus for a card. Capital one is one of the big seven that own EWS. JP Morgan Chase bank as I believe the largest depository institution in the United States and one of the biggest players in the credit card market. They are also one of the big 7 that own EWS. CLIs are almost always a hardpull, auto CLIs are very rare. Also be aware of the 5/24 rule. You will be denied if you seek a revolver where you have 5 new accounts in the preceding 24 months. From my understanding this may have been extended to inquiries since the pandemic. This author (Birdman) has found a lot of controversy regarding Synchrony and a lot of diverse opinions. Therefore, I would highly suggest you fully research this lender before you make decisions. There are people on both sides of the camp, and I won’t get into all the details, I’ll let you do the research. What I will say is this: Synchrony can be very generous, but be very careful if you have multiple tradelines with them, as they have been known to close multiple tradelines without good reason. They have also been known to off cycle report without rhyme or reason. Synovus AKA Columbus Bank: CLIs appear to be HP only. Smaller bank in the southeastern United States, but it does have some interesting offerings. Wells Fargo is a big bank and is also one of the big 7 that own EWS. WF has had a lot of controversy and I would encourage anyone to research them before initiating a relationship. Many people have great relationships, so YMMV. PNC is one of the big 7 that owns EWS. Sir Barclays is an English lender, IIRC, with certain idiosyncrasies, but they used to have the Barclay Ring, offering a low 8% interest-rate on purchases or cash advances, but interest began the day of the charge. I think they also had an Apple-associated card before the actual Apple Card. CLIs are typically HP. Thought of as a conservative lender.
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814
Processing