Work in progress. I will rewite this post soon. If you want to see how much a single HP(hard pull) or multiple HPs affect your various scores on your Experian report during a single day you can keep getting new multi-report pulls through CCT(Credit Check Total) by exploiting the Experian Boost feature. Simply sign up for boost, and it will give you a new set of every Experian bureau report that Experian offers. To keep 'Boost' from adding points you should pick a bank or credit card that you don't use to pay any bills. If you do get points from Boost anyway just cancel Boost and you will keep your new scores and report. If you plan on adding more than one HP or have other multiple account changes that you want to monitor along each step you can keep updating which accounts you show Boost and canceling or disconnecting accounts afterwards if needed. In my case I checked CCT in the morning and printed my report and scores to PDF. I then applied for a Citi Rewards+ CC which didn't pull Experian. Nothing to do there. I then applied for an Amex BCE(Blue Cash Everyday) card. This put a HP on my Experian report. I wanted to see how many points it cost me so I signed up for Boost. Boost didn't find any accounts because I picked my Wells Fargo checking account which doesn't have any bills paid from it. I didn't get any points from Boost which allowed me to see that the single HP had cost me 3 points in FICO 8 and 11 points in FICO 2 Mortgage Score. I Printed my report with scores to a PDF file. I then went ahead and applied for a Wells Fargo Active Cash 2% card which didn't pull Experian. If there had been a change to my report such as another HP then I would have added a credit card to Boost, and made sure that the card that I added wasn't used to pay any bills. By picking a card without any bill pay activity I help make sure that it would trigger a new set of reports without altering any results. With my spree finished I disconnected my WF checking account from Boost, thus ending any Boost from my CCT account altogether. No change to anything on my reports and scores after going back to non Boosted report, other than being able to see what my reports looked like before and after my spree. Screenshots coming tomorrow along with some details and cleanup.
CCT: Getting multiple free Experian reports per day

1 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:48 am
DustinD
Secured Rebel
DustinD has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level33 Last INQWednesday, December 1, 2021 Gardening For2 years, 9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in23 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onThursday, December 1, 2022 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onFriday, December 1, 2023 INQ 2yr reached9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Post was altered.
Last edited by DustinD on Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Work in progress. I will rewite this post soon.

If you want to see how much a single HP(hard pull) or multiple HPs affect your various scores on your Experian report during a single day you can keep getting new multi-report pulls through CCT(Credit Check Total) by exploiting the Experian Boost feature.

Simply sign up for boost, and it will give you a new set of every Experian bureau report that Experian offers. To keep 'Boost' from adding points you should pick a bank or credit card that you don't use to pay any bills. If you do get points from Boost anyway just cancel Boost and you will keep your new scores and report. If you plan on adding more than one HP or have other multiple account changes that you want to monitor along each step you can keep updating which accounts you show Boost and canceling or disconnecting accounts afterwards if needed.

In my case I checked CCT in the morning and printed my report and scores to PDF. I then applied for a Citi Rewards+ CC which didn't pull Experian. Nothing to do there. I then applied for an Amex BCE(Blue Cash Everyday) card. This put a HP on my Experian report. I wanted to see how many points it cost me so I signed up for Boost. Boost didn't find any accounts because I picked my Wells Fargo checking account which doesn't have any bills paid from it. I didn't get any points from Boost which allowed me to see that the single HP had cost me 3 points in FICO 8 and 11 points in FICO 2 Mortgage Score. I Printed my report with scores to a PDF file. I then went ahead and applied for a Wells Fargo Active Cash 2% card which didn't pull Experian. If there had been a change to my report such as another HP then I would have added a credit card to Boost, and made sure that the card that I added wasn't used to pay any bills. By picking a card without any bill pay activity I help make sure that it would trigger a new set of reports without altering any results. With my spree finished I disconnected my WF checking account from Boost, thus ending any Boost from my CCT account altogether. No change to anything on my reports and scores after going back to non Boosted report, other than being able to see what my reports looked like before and after my spree.

Screenshots coming tomorrow along with some details and cleanup.
DustinD
  • Score data Was EX-695 EQ-685 TU-712
    Now EX-793 EQ-795 TU-804
    F2-797 when AZEO
Re: CCT: Getting multiple free Experian reports per day

2 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:49 am
DustinD
Secured Rebel
Level33 Last INQWednesday, December 1, 2021 Gardening For2 years, 9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in23 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onThursday, December 1, 2022 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onFriday, December 1, 2023 INQ 2yr reached9 months, 6 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Reserved for future expansion and other miscellaneous details.
DustinD
    Now EX-793 EQ-795 TU-804
    F2-797 when AZEO

3 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:45 am
BrutalBodyShots
Senior AdministratorGoodwill Saturation Technique Author
BrutalBodyShots has been gardening for over 2 years.
BrutalBodyShots has achieved the Garden Goal !!
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in15 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Neat trick, thanks for sharing! I'm sure others will find this technique useful. Good thing this thread weren't started over at the other place... I could see it getting "locked for review" and @DustinD landing a ban for "unethical" discussions... lol!
BrutalBodyShots

4 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 am
DustinD
Secured Rebel
I do sort of think this is a pretty grey area since it is somewhat abusing the service. But it is so rare and in the name of science and no actual harm is done since Experian is just sharing more of its own data about you with you.

I also worry that CCT might crack down on free trial (ab)use if the tricks become too common, but I can burn that bridge when I get to it.
DustinD
    Now EX-793 EQ-795 TU-804
    F2-797 when AZEO

5 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:45 pm
AllZero
Outlier
AllZero has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 26, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in18 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on September 26th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 26, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 26, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
Thank you for sharing the tip! It may come in handy.
AllZero

6 of 9
3 years ago
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 pm
AllZero
Outlier
AllZero has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 26, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in18 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on September 26th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 26, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 26, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 12 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
DustinD wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 am I do sort of think this is a pretty grey area since it is somewhat abusing the service. But it is so rare and in the name of science and no actual harm is done since Experian is just sharing more of its own data about you with you. I also worry that CCT might crack down on free trial (ab)use if the tricks become too common, but I can burn that bridge when I get to it.
Not exactly the same thing but I used to do the CCT free $1 trials quite frequently. No problems when I used their services. Then, I moved over to Experian for their free weekly and monthly trials. Been a satisfied customer. :P
AllZero

7 of 9
3 years ago
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:31 am
BrutalBodyShots
Level27 Last INQMonday, May 23, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes Next Level in15 days, 4 hours, and 47 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onTuesday, May 23, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago INQ 2yr onThursday, May 23, 2024 INQ 2yr reached3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago Goal24 months Goal DateThursday, May 23, 2024 Goal Achieved3 months, 15 days, 19 hours, and 13 minutes ago
AllZero wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 pm Not exactly the same thing but I used to do the CCT free $1 trials quite frequently. No problems when I used their
Me too! They were great. I was always surprised that they never shut down those trials or at least prevented a single individual/account from doing over X amount.
BrutalBodyShots

8 of 9
3 years ago
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:38 pm
DustinD
Secured Rebel
You can get unlimited CCT for free. I have had access to continuous free service for over two years and counting. I check CCT every day on the off chance that something happens that I might want to analyze.
DustinD
    Now EX-793 EQ-795 TU-804
    F2-797 when AZEO

9 of 9
3 years ago
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 pm
BrutalBodyShots
I didn't know that CCT offered anything for free. What does it include?
BrutalBodyShots
Processing