Ok, folks, after a lot of maneuvering, hard work, savings, praying, I finally got my credit looking good again!!! Experian FICO8 = 759 Trans FICO8 = 742 EQ ? somewhere above 730 guessing. I still have $45K in CC debt plus $10K in loan debt (more than 70% paid off on both)... Since two of my existing BT 0% offer cards expired, I desperately need another BT 0% or low interest card to help me in my last 1-2 years of paying this crap off. Interest is really high on these cards now. Thinking applying for a second BofA card. I did get a targeted email offer BofA Customized Cash Rewards credit card and its also in my inbox on my BofA account twice in last two months. Question, do you think (if you had to guess) they'll approve me and if so, what sort of credit line limit?? FYI - I got my first BofA card (21 months at 0% ) last July 2023 for $14K credit line , so it's approaching a year with BofA...I dont have a checking set-up with them. I did have a BofA checking about 10 years ago but canceled it. Basically I need two balance transfer cards to transfer about $25K in debt but I want to focus on banks that give higher credit lines. NFCU is awesome for high credit lines and I have established a long loyal relationship with them... Now, do you think my credit is good enough NOW for NFCU to give me a third platinum card?? I have one card with $18K (28K credit line) and another platinum card at 0% balance with $7K credit line . I think I have roughly $34K in total credit line with NFCU already between those two credit cards (no loans). I literally have done everything you can imagine to maximize my relationship with them. I would give NFCU an A++ for how much they've helped me get out of this hole I dugg myself in (was over $120K in debt at one point) If there's other banks, be great to hear. Can't do PenFed cuz proof of income is hard (run a cash biz ). Amex is possible but I hear they pull both experian and trans which I dont like..... Please no moralistic judgement type responses. We're all trying are best to make it in this world. Thanks, love this place!!
2nd BofA Card and 3rd NFCU possible for high debt but excellent credit??

1 of 6
2 months ago
Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:14 pm
NoMoneyNoHoney
Seasoned RebelNeed BTC card
NoMoneyNoHoney has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level20 Last INQSunday, January 1, 2023 Gardening For1 year, 8 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in23 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onMonday, January 1, 2024 INQ 1yr reached8 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onWednesday, January 1, 2025 INQ 2yr in3 months, 24 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes
Ok, folks, after a lot of maneuvering, hard work, savings, praying, I finally got my credit looking good again!!!
Experian FICO8 = 759
Trans FICO8 = 742
EQ ? somewhere above 730 guessing.

I still have $45K in CC debt plus $10K in loan debt (more than 70% paid off on both)...

Since two of my existing BT 0% offer cards expired, I desperately need another BT 0% or low interest card to help me in my last 1-2 years of paying this crap off. Interest is really high on these cards now.

Thinking applying for a second BofA card. I did get a targeted email offer BofA Customized Cash Rewards credit card and its also in my inbox on my BofA account twice in last two months. Question, do you think (if you had to guess) they'll approve me and if so, what sort of credit line limit?? FYI - I got my first BofA card (21 months at 0% ) last July 2023 for $14K credit line , so it's approaching a year with BofA...I dont have a checking set-up with them. I did have a BofA checking about 10 years ago but canceled it.

Basically I need two balance transfer cards to transfer about $25K in debt but I want to focus on banks that give higher credit lines.

NFCU is awesome for high credit lines and I have established a long loyal relationship with them... Now, do you think my credit is good enough NOW for NFCU to give me a third platinum card?? I have one card with $18K (28K credit line) and another platinum card at 0% balance with $7K credit line . I think I have roughly $34K in total credit line with NFCU already between those two credit cards (no loans). I literally have done everything you can imagine to maximize my relationship with them. I would give NFCU an A++ for how much they've helped me get out of this hole I dugg myself in (was over $120K in debt at one point)

If there's other banks, be great to hear. Can't do PenFed cuz proof of income is hard (run a cash biz ). Amex is possible but I hear they pull both experian and trans which I dont like.....

Please no moralistic judgement type responses. We're all trying are best to make it in this world.

Thanks, love this place!!
NoMoneyNoHoney
  • Score data EX 757 TU: 742 EQ: 750
Re: 2nd BofA Card and 3rd NFCU possible for high debt but excellent credit??

2 of 6
2 months ago
Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:28 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Recent HP or new account.
Level0 Last INQFriday, August 23, 2024 Gardening For15 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in15 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes on September 23rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, August 23, 2025 INQ 1yr in11 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, August 23, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 11 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, February 23, 2025 Goal In5 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes
Congrats on your progress! I can't answer about BoA but with NFCU, I would just take the shot and find out. While other creditors seem to be pulling back on their offerings, NFCU keeps pumping out the large limits. Heck my old roommate got a personal loan from them for $4K last month after being turned down by everyone else and his credit is in the low to mid-600s. NFCU is weird about the third card. I gave up trying to get one from them since I already have a ridiculous amount of credit from them on my cards anyway, one $28,500 and the other $41K. You can also try Discover's BT card. https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/b ... dit-cards/ Discover can be weird with limits but honestly anything you can get will help you cut down what you owe and Discover will take more risks than some others will.
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023

3 of 6
2 months ago
Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:12 pm
NoMoneyNoHoney
Level20 Last INQSunday, January 1, 2023 Gardening For1 year, 8 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in23 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes on October 1st INQ 1yr onMonday, January 1, 2024 INQ 1yr reached8 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onWednesday, January 1, 2025 INQ 2yr in3 months, 24 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes
Saeren wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:28 pm Congrats on your progress! I can't answer about BoA but with NFCU, I would just take the shot and find out. While other creditors seem to be pulling back on their offerings, NFCU keeps pumping out the large limits. Heck my old roommate got a personal loan from them for $4K last month after being turned down by everyone else and his credit is in the low to mid-600s. NFCU is weird about the third card. I gave up trying to get one from them since I already have a ridiculous amount of credit from them on my cards anyway, one $28,500 and the other $41K. You can also try Discover's BT card. https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/b ... dit-cards/ Discover can be weird with limits but honestly anything you can get will help you cut down what you owe and Discover will take more risks than some others will.
I already have two discover cards. I do plan on applying for NFCU but I'm gonna prob need two cards to transfer all this money to lower interest rates while I spend this last 1.5 years paying it all off. So whats the other bank I should use?? What about USA bank?? I need a bank who unlikely to ask for proof of income while also giving generous credit lines. If i establishing a checking with USA bank would they give me like a $10K+ credit line card?? Like I said, I can't go with Penfed since they always ask for POI. AMEX is possible but they are near my last choice since they usually pull two reports
NoMoneyNoHoney

4 of 6
2 months ago
Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:04 pm
NoMoneyNoHoney
Also considering Wells Fargo (I haven't had an account with them in more than a decade)
NoMoneyNoHoney

5 of 6
2 months ago
Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:24 pm
NoMoneyNoHoney
One more thing, if I did go for a second BofA card, how much would it help to get a checking account with Bank of America?? Is it significant or no real impact? I don't have a ton of cash laying around, but I could prob get a thousand it there.
NoMoneyNoHoney

6 of 6
2 months ago
Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:06 am
AllZero
Outlier
AllZero has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level29 Last INQSaturday, March 26, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 5 months, 12 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes Next Level in18 days, 3 hours, and 33 minutes on September 26th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 26, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 5 months, 12 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 26, 2024 INQ 2yr reached5 months, 12 days, 20 hours, and 27 minutes ago
I just replied to your PMs. I'll try to give some feedback on this post. If you haven't done so, ask for CLI on your NFCU cards. Unless things have changed, Aggregate TCL is $80K. $50K limit on all cards except Flagship which is $80K. If you're at ~$34K, asking for a CLI probably won't impact your potential new card application. Usually, they max out at $25K starting limits with new cards. However, I'd hold off applying for a 3rd NFCU card before you explore your other options. Go to the Navy Federal Superthread. Checking account is helpful but not necessary with BoA. I think your chances of a second BoA card could be good based on your track history on the first card and if your credit profile is the same or better when you originally applied for the first BoA card. $14K starting limit on the first card is a great sign. I mentioned requesting a CLI on the BoA first card in the PM. Reason, if your second card starting limit is not where you need it to be, then you can request credit allocation from the first card to the second card. For Penfed, can you provide POI solely on your own, not duel income? It's been years but PenFed didn't require POI from me. Things may have changed. I would recommend exploring credit unions for their potentially better starting limits and 0% BT fees.
AllZero
Processing